INGREDIENTS – makes 15 pieces
4 medium eggs
100g unsalted butter
1tsp instant coffee granules
200g milk chocolate
200g dark chocolate
100g caster sugar
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180oc
2. Line a rectangular baking tin with greaseproof paper
3. In a bowl over a pan of hot water, stir together your chocolate, coffee granules and butter until melted
4. Take off the heat when mostly melted so it doesn’t get too hot
5. Separate your eggs putting the whites in a large bowl
6. Whisk the egg yolks until they start to lighten in colour and go creamy
7. Add the yolks to the chocolate gently
8. Whisk the egg whites in the large bowl then slowly add sugar until you have soft peaks
9. Add a third of the egg white to the chocolate mixture and mix vigorously to combine
10. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture a third at a time careful not to knowck the air out
11. Gently pour into your lined baking tin and even out with a spatula or the back of a spoon
12. Bake for 25-30mins
13. Test with a toothpick (it should come out slightly gooey) leave to cool in the baking tray out of the oven.
Published by Bea's Bites Online
I'm Bea, as well as being new to the world of blogging I have been a food teacher in secondary schools for four years. I live just outside Manchester and all its foodie offerings. I'll be posting all about travel, food I enjoy, whether it's at a restaurant, a recipe I've trialled or something I have knocked up myself. I will also add a few drinks here and there because let's face it, it's got to be done!
I am lucky enough to have grown up with a variety of influences, my mum is from Zimbabwe, my dad is from Ghana and I grew up in a village in the North West, so food has always been a blend and balance of cultures for me.
From being little, food has played a large part in our family, whether it be for celebrations, commiserations or comfort. I began helping out in the kitchen from a young age and was fortunate enough to be given the reins on occasion from about the age of 11.
I love being in the kitchen and having the opportunity to create something to make others smile. Whether it be an autumnal main or a gooey dessert :) I have 3 bottomless pits I call brothers as well as a fiance and they are more than happy to try what I make and be extremely blunt so I welcome all comments : )
I am a total believer in happy eating. Food should put a smile on your face no matter if it is a weekday after work dinner or a special occasion. I love following recipes and do think it is sometimes a necessity but I also think that food should be personal and geared towards what you like and I hope this comes across in my blog.
I hope you enjoy reading my posts, let me know if you stop by, it will definitely put a smile on my face!
Please don't hesitate to get in touch, my email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any posts you'd like to see then please feel free to Email me, DM me on Instagram, Facebook or Tweet me and I'll do my best : )
I hope I'll get a chance to chat to you.
View more posts