INGREDIENTS – serves 6
300g giant rigatoni
250g diced pancetta
200g cherry tomatoes
1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 red pepper
50g grated smoked cheese (I use applewood)
1 onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, peeled and diced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180oC
2. In a pan of boiling slightly salted water, cook the rigatoni for 4 minutes then drain and set aside
3. In a frying pan, sauté the onions and garlic with the pancetta on a low heat
4. Cut the aubergine into centimetre cubes and add to the onion and garlic
5. Half the cherry tomatoes and cut the pepper into chunks before adding both to the frying pan
6. Transfer the pasta and the lightly browned ingredients into an ovenproof dish
7. Mix the stock and the chopped tomatoes together and pour over the pasta mix
8. Cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 30minutes
9. Carefully uncover your pasta, sprinkle over the cheese and return to the oven to go golden brown and crispy for a further 15 minutes.
Enjoy : )
Published by Bea's Bites Online
I'm Bea, as well as being new to the world of blogging I have been a food teacher in secondary schools for four years. I live just outside Manchester and all its foodie offerings. I'll be posting all about travel, food I enjoy, whether it's at a restaurant, a recipe I've trialled or something I have knocked up myself. I will also add a few drinks here and there because let's face it, it's got to be done!
I am lucky enough to have grown up with a variety of influences, my mum is from Zimbabwe, my dad is from Ghana and I grew up in a village in the North West, so food has always been a blend and balance of cultures for me.
From being little, food has played a large part in our family, whether it be for celebrations, commiserations or comfort. I began helping out in the kitchen from a young age and was fortunate enough to be given the reins on occasion from about the age of 11.
I love being in the kitchen and having the opportunity to create something to make others smile. Whether it be an autumnal main or a gooey dessert :) I have 3 bottomless pits I call brothers as well as a fiance and they are more than happy to try what I make and be extremely blunt so I welcome all comments : )
I am a total believer in happy eating. Food should put a smile on your face no matter if it is a weekday after work dinner or a special occasion. I love following recipes and do think it is sometimes a necessity but I also think that food should be personal and geared towards what you like and I hope this comes across in my blog.
I hope you enjoy reading my posts, let me know if you stop by, it will definitely put a smile on my face!
Please don't hesitate to get in touch, my email is: email@example.com
If you have any posts you'd like to see then please feel free to Email me, DM me on Instagram, Facebook or Tweet me and I'll do my best : )
I hope I'll get a chance to chat to you.
View more posts